My stepmom Marie is a superb baker and cook and we chat endlessly about the recipe’s we have found or would love to make. I am blessed to be a part of a family that are as obsessed about cooking and eating as I am (well some of them anyway….)
While on holiday M whipped up (literally in a matter of minutes) a very delicious lemon meringue pie. It’s intensly sweet and lemony and hits the carb craving button with such force and jet propels you straight into instant gratification (be warned this is only for the very sweet toothed among us).
- 1 packet of tennis biscuits smashed up into crumbs
- about 100gms butter (enough to mix with crumbs so they stick together) – melted
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 3 lemons (juice from 3 and zest from one)
- 3 eggs separated
- 4 tbs sugar
how to make:
- preheat oven to 150 and grease a pie dish
- line the dish with the biscuit crumb and butter mixture – press down
- mix the condensed milk, 3 egg yolks and juice from 3 lemons and zest from 1 lemon together and pour into the pie base
- whip the 3 egg whites until stiff peaks, then add the 4 Tbs sugar and whisk for a couple of minutes and then spread on top of the lemon mixture
- bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the meringue is golden brown, then turn the oven down to 140 and bake for a further 10 minutes
So easy and tasty.