I like to look at the ingredients I’ve got on hand and think of what I can make from them. I had a lot of peas this week, so thought I’d make a fresh pea hummous and take it to the housewarming drinks party I’m going to later.
Take about 500gms fresh garden peas (I am sure frozen will work just as well), blanch in boiling water from about 5 minutes. Strain in a colander under cold water. Blend in a food processor with:
- 1 – 3 cloves of garlic (depending on how you like it)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs Tahini
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- a generous pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper
- a pinch of chilli …or more if you want it spicy
- a good squeeze of lemon juice (about a TBS)
- and a small handful of mint
Blend until its a nice smooth and creamy consistency.
This fresh summery dip is delicious with Mexicorn Nachos in my favourite flavour – ginger, chilli and lime….or any other snack.
I think this could also work really well with coriander or parsley.