This is a great recipe to serve for breakfast or brunch and so easy. No pastry base and so much healthier.
- 125gms bacon chopped
- a punnet of mushrooms – thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar or any other tasty cheese
- 1 tub of sour cream (crème fraîche) about 250gms
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 eggs
- a small handful of parsley – chopped
- how to make:
- preheat oven to 18o degrees C and spray about a 23cm oven dish lightly with cooking spray
- fry the bacon for a few minutes then add the mushroom slices
- beat the eggs and mix in the sour cream, cheese and milk
- add the bacon and mushrooms to the egg mixture and then pour into the baking dish
- bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown and set
Low carb, high protein, nice warm or cold.