I love the sweetness of toasted cashew nuts with shortbread. They add a little extra crunch and flavour.
These are so easy to make.
What you need to make these:
- 270gm butter (room temp)
- 160gm castor sugar
- 300gms flour
- 150gm cornflour
- 60gm chopped up toasted cashew nuts
How to make:
- Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees c
- using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale and light
- add the chopped nuts and combine
- add the flour and cornflour (I generally always sieve it in) and fold this into the sugar and butter mixture by hand until mixed into a stiff dough
- line a baking tray with baking paper and gently press it evenly across the surface until you get the desired thickness
- if the pan is too big, just use the area that is required. The dough is thick enough and will not spread out of shape
- bake for 10 – 15 minutes until they are just turning a light golden brown
- whilst the shortbread is still warm, cut into finger to the desired size (I find a pizza cutter works really well for this) and sprinkle over some castor sugar
- allow to cool before eating or storing
You could dip these into dark chocolate or coat with caramel if you wanted to add another layer of decadence.