This is a delightfully easy chocolate chip cookie recipe adapted from the Magnolia Bakery cook book – ‘More from Magnolia’.
I didn’t have any dark chocolate chips in the house, so I just chopped up a few chunks of white chocolate chips.
What you need to make these:
- 1 cup flour
- 6 Tbs cocoa poweder (I used unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder because its the best)
- 1/2 tsp baking poweder
- pinch of salt
- 140gms of butter (the original recipe was half butter and half vegetable shortening – but I prefer all butter)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (about 80gms) chocolate pieces (dark or white), chopped into small chunks
How to make these:
- using an electric mixer, cream the butter and suger for a couple of minutes until smooth
- add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat
- in another bowl sieve the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt together
- add the dry ingredients into the butter egg mixture and mix until just combined
- stir in the chocolate chips
- drop a tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or baking paper
- place the cookies in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C whilst they are cooling
- bake for 10 – 12 minutes
- allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before removing them completely to cool
The recipe recommended sprinkling over sugar before baking, but instead I sprinkled a very little bit of sea salt as I had done with ‘the best ever chocolate cookie on the internet’ recipe.
These are very sweet and quite chewy, and I found tasted better the day after and the day after that.
Other cookie recipes on Drizz and Dip: