This is a recipe that celebrates my love affair with Zucchini, and yes I have love relationships with certain food. Its one of the most versatile vegetables, a perfect carrier for flavour and can be eaten raw and cooked.
These are so easy to make and are a wonderful addition to a picnic and brunch or if made nice and small, are the perfect canape base onto which you can top a variety of things.
I love them cold the next day too.
For this recipe I used the Mediterranean Delicacies Danish Feta which is soft and extra creamy. They gave them a lovely rich and soft texture.
- 4 courgette / zucchini grated and then squeezed (about 1 full cup)
- 50gms of Mediterranean Delicacies Feta
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- thyme, mint, parsley (about 2 teaspoons of each chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 Tbs of flour
- 4 small spring onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of crumbs (I like to use Panko Asian crumbs because they are crispier)
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- tzatziki for dipping
- lemon wedges to serve
- Grate the zucchini and then place in a tea towel and ring out all the liquid, you want these to be as dry as possible.
- Put in a bowl and add the flour and coat the zucchini.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix to combine.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan and fry dollops of the mixture, turning when golden brown on the one side.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with fresh lemon wedges and Tzatziki.
Reminding me of Greece and summer, this recipe is going to be made over and over again.
PS: I look forward to connecting with you again in the future.
Visit my Drizzle and Dip Facebook page to get updates of all my posts.
I can also be found enthusiastically pinning beautiful food images on Pinterest.