This recipe takes about 5 minutes to prepare, around 10 minutes to grill and is now my favourite way to cook this exquisite fish.
- 1 salmon fillet about 500g
- 1 T miso paste
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T honey
- 1 T mirin
- lime wedges to garnish and spritz the fish
- Turn the grill of your oven on and move the rack to the highest wrung (about 12 cm below the grill). Mix all the dressing ingredients together with a small whisk.
- Line a baking tray with paper, silicone baking sheets (the best) or foil as the sauce gets really sticky, and place the fish, skin side down on top of this.
- Spread about half of the miso-honey dressing over the fish and grill for a about 10 minutes and until it has turned a lovely dark caramel colour.
- Baste the fish once or twice during the cooking time with the remainder of the dressing.
- Serve immediately with freshly cut lime wedge to squeeze over.
- The fish was soft and pink on the inside with a lip-smackingly tasty outer layer. The skin was crispy and delicious and I found myself licking the spatula to get all the sticky bits off.
I look forward to connecting with you again in the future.
Visit my Drizzle and Dip Facebook page to get updates of all my posts.
I can also be found enthusiastically pinning beautiful food images on Pinterest.