It’s the season to be jolly and these delectable and extremely easy spring rolls are perfect for all the parties happening now.
I know cheese and seafood are a big no no together, but I love the melty mozzarella cheese with the prawns and coriander. It’s a delicious combination. Fried to crunchy perfection and dipped into something sweet and spicy, I cant recommend them highly enough.
I used my Breville Fryer which makes the whole process even easier. Just heat the oil to 180C and cook them off in batches. They can be made in advance and stored in a container in the fridge until you are ready to fry them up just before serving.
Adjust the quantity depending on how many you want to make. A store bought spring roll dipping sauce or sweet chilli sauce works well to serve with these.
For each spring roll you will need:
- 1 sheet of spring roll pastry, thawed
- 1 large prawn tail or 2 smaller prawn tails, cleaned and peeled
- 1 piece of mozzarella cheese about 5cm long and 1cm wide
- a sprig of coriander (about 2 – 3 leaves)
- oil for frying
- Sauce for dipping
Make the spring rolls in advance and fry just before you are ready to serve.
Roll the prawn or prawns fairly tightly into a spring roll shape with the mozzarella and coriander. Tuck the edges in to ensure the filling doesn’t fall out. Seal the edges of the pastry with a dampened finger.
*If you make these in advance, ensure you bring them to room temperature before frying.
Fill the Breville Deep Fryer with oil until the required level, and heat it on its highest setting. When it has reached the 180C, fry the spring rolls in small batches of 3 until golden brown turning once. Drain on sheets of paper towel and serve straight away.
* Disclaimer * This post has been sponsored by Breville South Africa. I am working on a few projects with their marketing team, including developing recipes using these amazing appliances. Breville appliances are exclusively available at @Home nationwide.
I look forward to connecting with you again in the future.