This is inspired by Nigella’s Christmas TV show and I have a LOT of chocolate. Kind of just did my own recipe as I needed to make a lot for two more xmas parties (its relentless).
You could halve the recipe and make a smaller batch etc…..
- 450 – 500 gms milk chocolate (can use dark or milk or a combo)
- 200gms marie / tea biscuits bashed up in a plastic bag
- 200gms toasted almonds chopped and bashed up (some small pieces and some bigger pieces)..brazil nuts would work very well here – in fact pretty much any nut you like
- 100gms of whole glace cherries (optional) – could use dried cranberries or other dried fruit here
- about a cup of mini marshmallows
- some icing sugar for dusting
how to make:
- melt chocolate in a pot
- as soon as its melted add all the other ingredients – the chocolate should just coat everything so its ‘dryish’
- tip into a foil tray or any other suitable dish
- allow to cool, turn out, cut into squares and dust with a bit of icing sugar for a christmas vibe
Nice little crunchy, chocolatey, fruity bites…..a total success and think Im going to have to bang out another batch or two before this xmas season is over.