I love couscous and this is a really easy, quick and super healthy meal.
I think you can add as much chicken or extra veg as you like, just keep the ratio of stock to couscous more or less the same.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- aprox 200gm chicken breast cut into cubes
- 2 medium courgettes cut into strips (other veg can be added)
- a good chunk of ginger
- 3 Tbsp harissa paste
- 10 dried apricots (chopped up) – optional (I didnt include)
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 200gm cous cous (I used whole wheat ….was v nice)
- 200ml hot chicken stock
- handful chopped coriander chopped to serve
how to make:
- heat oil and fry the onion for a few minutes until soft, add chicken and courgette cook till brown
- grate over the ginger and stir through the harissa paste to coat and cook for about 1 minute more
- add the chickpeas and couscous then pour over the stock and stir through
- cover the pan with a lid tightly ad leave for 5 minutes (heat off) until the cous cous is soft
- fluff up and scatter over the coriander
This was really nice and healthy and great to portion out and freeze for later quick supper meals. I though it was a tiny bit dry and a nice yoghurt raita (with mint / herbs/ garlic) or tatsiki would add a dolop of value to this meal. I will definitely make again, probably bulking up with a few more veggies and even a bit of chilli.