We all love cauliflower cheese right? So this recipe is a twist on a classic, still packed with taste but minus all the cheese.
After tasting the delicious Mediterranean Delicacies creamy Onion Dip, it was love at first lick. So many ideas on how to to use it sprang to mind other than simply what it was made for, as the perfect dipping partner to any crisp, cracker or crudites.
To make this all you need to do is cut the florets off half a small head of cauliflower and broccoli and lightly steam or blanch for 3 – 4 minutes. Place the vegetables in a lightly greased gratin / oven dish. Add a Tablespoon or 2 of warm water to to one tub of Mediterranian Delicacies Creamy Onion Dip and stir to loosen the consistency. Pour this over the vegetables.
I like to add some crunchy texture to this dish, so I melted a knob of butter, added a handful of breadcrumbs (which I always have on hand in my freezer, made from left over bread). I also tossed in a tablespoon of finely chopped fresh herbs, a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper and scattered this over the creamy vegetables.
Bake this in a pre heated oven at 180 C / 350 F for about 15 – 20 minutes until its warm and bubbling.
Here are a few more ideas to use the onion dip:
- Dollop over fluffy mashed or baked potato instead of butter
- Stir through cooked new potatoes to make a warm salad or side dish
- Spread on bread instead of butter when making a sandwich
- Use it instead of sour cream when making tacos or nachos
- Add it to a salad dressing to give it a sweet creaminess
- Substitute it for mayonnaise when making a toasted sandwhich
Mediterranean Delicacies can be found at select Pick n Pay, Shoprite Checkers, Spar, Fruit & Veg City and independent retailers nationwide.