red velvet cake ice cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 free range eggs (whole)
- 2 cups of full cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 1t vanilla extract
- 2t of red food colouring (I used Moirs Crimson red food colouring)
- 4 red velvet cupcakes
- 1/2 a cup of cream cheese frosting (1/4 of a cup + 1/4 0f a cup)
- Beat the eggs and sugar in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the cream and milk and mix.
- Add the vanilla and the food colouring.
- Crumble up the cake and either add it all now, or half now and half at the end.
- Churn your ice cream through an ice cream machine until it is set.
- Remove and decant into a desired container that is suitable for freezing.
- Serving Size: about 1 litre