zucchini shoestring and ribbon fries
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: serves 4 - 6 as a snack 1x
- 6 large zucchini, or 8–10 medium
- 750ml – 1 litre vegetable oil
- 400ml cold milk
- 400g flour – seasoned with salt and pepper
- Cut the zucchini into fries and or ribbons.
- Heat the oil in large pot so that its at least 1/4 full and bring it to 190 C.
- Gently dredge the zucchini in the milk and then toss them around the seasoned flour until well coated.
- Drop them in the hot oil in batches and fry for around 3 minutes and until they turn a golden brown.
- Lift out with a slotted spoon or mesh strainer and drain on kitchen paper and serve.