These are the popsicle equivalent of the quintessential cocktail and are a perfect summer treat for adults. They could not be easier to whip up. Hold the rum to make them kid-friendly.
I’ve been working on a project with Breville South Africa developing recipes using their top-of-the-range appliances (I mean – insert *dream project* right here) and the Breville Juice and Blend is one of my favourite of them all. I had been struggling along with a juicer that was made circa 1998 and required brute force to get liquid extracted from even the softest fruit. I am blown away with how my new juicer just devours fruit turning it into liquid gold in a matter of seconds. I am convinced this thing could pull water out of a stone. It’s hardly surprising it is one of their best sellers. When it comes to juice extractors you really want a powerful machine for the job, trust me.
The cleaning up of this industrial strength beast is a breeze. It’s so easy to dismantle and put back together. You can clearly see this has been well thought through.
I used freshly squeezed pineapple and lime juice to make these popsicles, and I always squeeze a little extra as a special treat for myself.
These pina colada popsicles are insanely delicious, I promise they will wow.
Recipe – makes 6 – 8 popsicles
- 150ml freshly squeezed pineapple juice
- 115g sugar
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 400ml (1 tin) coconut milk
- 3T white rum (optional)
- Heat the pineapple juice and sugar in a small pot until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Finely grate the green part of the lime and squeeze the juice, adding this, along with the coconut milk to the pineapple juice and sugar mix.
- Once cool, pour the mixture into a jug and then pour this into popsicle moulds.
- Freeze these for an hour to partially firm up. Insert the sticks into the middle and return to the freezer to fully harden.
* Disclaimer * This post has been sponsored by Breville South Africa. I am working on a few projects with their marketing team, including developing recipes using these amazing appliances. Breville appliances are exclusively available at @Home nationwide.
I look forward to connecting with you again in the future.