I was thrilled with my recent assignment to shoot this luxury boutique hotel, so here is a sneak peak into what the food at the ultra fabulous and exclusive Ellerman House in Bantry Bay is all about. The property, a Cape Edwardian Mansion, is situated in a premium location on the slopes of Lions Head with some of the most spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean. It is not open to the public, thus offering guests the ultimate in privacy and luxury.
Ellerman House has eleven rooms, two suites, and two private villas and attention to detail ensures that no two rooms are alike. The property boasts two lounges, a library, two dining rooms, a spa, a main pool, gym, whisky bar, and expansive outdoor space. The wine cellar is pretty impressive too.
Here are some of the images I shot at this exqusite boutique hotel:
Head Chef Veronica Canha-Hibbert makes superb food that is sophisticated and not to fussy. You can expect comforting and familiar flavours brought to the plate with flair. The menu is constantly evolving, in fact it changes every day, so there is zero monotony for guests. This is merely a snapshot of what its like. The desserts are complex layers of textures and flavours, just the way a good dessert should be.
Menu as it appears above:
- Roasted quail and seared foie gras with celeriac purée and green apple
- Seared scallops orange, fennel, capers and orange gastrique
- Goats milk labneh pickled garden vegetables and linseed crisp
- Grilled Auvergne with garlic crisps Chèvre, oven dried tomatoes and balsamic
- Confit pork belly, carrot purée and vichy carrots
- Oven roasted beef fillet, field mushrooms, mushroom duxelle, onion rings and red wine sauce
- Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Supreme, potato Dauphinois, baby beetroot and pan jus
- Gorgonzola risotto, port poached pear and pistachio praline
- Frangelico Chocolate Fondant, Frangelico crème Anglaise, hazelnut chocolate cremeux, honeycomb and Frangelico marshmallow
- Smoked almond bavaroise, tanariva mousse and brazil nut sponge terrine Served with Buttermilk Sherbet
- Elements of citrus, grapefruit curd, blood orange chiboust, naartjie sorbet
- Baked Apple terrine, caramel nougatine, baby apple and candied fennel
Photographer: Sam Linsell