An overnight marinade packs in the flavour of these very delicous air fryer Greek chicken kebabs. The yoghurt ensures the meat is ultra-juicy. I have added oregano, paprika, garlic, lemon, mint, onion, and thyme because I love all the flavour they add.
I always serve these kebabs with tzatziki on a flatbread pita or in a pita pocket. Check out my recipe for the easy no-yeast Air Fryer flatbread pita which is the perfect way to wrap up the chicken.
A simple tomato, onion and cucumber salad is all that is required to finish this meal off. Give it a good spritz with lemon and you are in for a treat.
This is a great meal prep dish that is so healthy too. You can build a salad or grain bowl with the chicken as an alternative.
This blog post is not sponsored by Instant Pot Vortex but its the only Air Fyer I own or can recommend. For the video I used the double volume Instant Vortex Plus Versazone Air fryer which can easily fit all the kebabs in.
You can see all my air fryer recipes here
A few other Mediterranean recipe you might like:
Side dishes to serve with these Air Fryer chicken kebabs
Makes 4-5 kebabs (marinate overnight)
Air Fryer Greek chicken kebabs
- 500-600 gms free-range skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- ¾ cup plain low fat or full fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 ½ tsp oregano
- 1 ½ tsp paprika or smoked paprika for a smokey flavour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 – 4 cloves peeled garlic
- 4 pieces of thick lemon peel
- 4 small sprigs of thyme
- 2 sprigs of mint
- ½ small red onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half the lemon
- Cut the thighs into eave bite sized pieces and place in a Ziploc bag. Add the yoghurt, dried oregano, paprika, salt and pepper to the bag with the chicken.
- Using a pestle and mortar, pound the garlic, lemon peel, thyme and mint until the aromatics are bruised. Add this to the bag with the chicken.
- Add the sliced red onion, olive oil, and juice form half the lemon to the bag.
- Squeeze the bag until all the ingredients are well mixed. Seal and store in the fridge overnight.
- When you are ready to cook them, remove from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature for 20 minutes. Pick out the chicken pieces and thread them onto the 4 – 5 skewers. Ensure they are not too tightly packed to facilitate even cooking.
- Preheat the Instant Vortex Verizone to 190C. Once heated, lightly spray the basket with olive oil. Place the chicken skewers into the Basket and cook for 13 minutes.
- Remove and squeeze over the remaining half of lemon and season with salt.