This is an almost instant pasta supper using tins of smoked mussels, creme fraiche, spring onions,chilli and parsley.
The recipe is inspired by my friend Lori who made it over the week end. And yes, we often discuss what the other is eating or making or dreaming about food wise.
I added the hit of chilli and lemon zest as I felt it needed the kick.
What you need to make this (portion for 2)
- 150gm of pasta (I used rigati, but penne or any short pasta will work)
- 2 x 85gm tins of smoked mussels
- 1 Tbs of chilli oil (I used my own chilli oil, but you could add fresh or dried flakes)
- 1/4 tsp smoked chilli flakes
- 4 Tbs creme fraiche
- 5-6 spring onions finely sliced
- small bunch of parsley chopped
- lemon zest (just a dash)
- salt and black pepper
How to make this:
- boil the pasta in salty water until al dente and then drain reserving some of the cooking liquid
- immediately put the hot pasta back into the pot with about 2 Tbs of the cooking liquid and pour over the chilli oil and chilli
- stir the smoked oysters through
- add the creme fraiche, parsley, spring onions, lemon zest and seasoning and stir until all the pasta is coated
- put the lid of the pot back on and that is your meal
This is ridiculously easy and simple and I loved the addition of my chilli oil which has garlic and lemon flavours going on in it.
The spring onions and parsley wake this up with a bit of freshness.