I got into making pizzas using tortilla’s as a base last year and find them to be the perfect way to get a pizza fix in a hurry. I always have flour tortillas on hand either in my cupboard or in my freezer, so within 10 minutes you can knock up a delicious snack. The thinner base means you just need a light smattering of toppings so there is none of the heavy, stodginess of an ordinary pizza base, but all the taste.
I was making a pear, blue cheese and walnut salad with rocket, and figured these ingredients would work well on a pizza.
- pre heat the oven to 200 C
- brush a flour tortilla with olive oil (I used the Willowcreek parmesan infused olive oil)
- grate a light dusting of pecorino or parmesan over the base
- scatter small chunks of blue cheese fairly liberally over and arrange a few very thin slices of pear around
- I tore up 2 slices of Richard Bosmans coppa
- bake for 4 – 5 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown and all the cheese has melted
- sprinkle over chopped walnuts and fresh rocket
Its rich and creamy, salty and sweet and would be perfect with drinks.
My previous tortilla pizza recipe can be found here.
I look forward to connecting with you again in the future.
Visit my Drizzle and Dip Facebook page to get updates of all my posts.
I can also be found enthusiastically pinning beautiful food images on Pinterest.