This baked ricotta with basil, chili, and lemon is a delicious and easy warm dip that can be whipped together in minutes. Serve with crackers or bread
Is there anything ricotta cant do? It’s one of the most versatile cheeses to use in savoury dishes or sweet desserts. On its own, it is fairly bland, but it sucks up all the flavours around it so beautifully. I simply love working with it.
If you plan carefully and are a little clever, you can quite easily make it yourself in advance. Check how to do it here.
Nothing makes me happier than knocking together a very simple dish using a few ingredients and making something delicious. This recipe is a fabulous and easy way to pack flavour into ricotta, turning it into a tasty spread or party dip. I used Parmesan-infused olive oil, which just made it more interesting, but a good extra virgin will work well too.
I had some of the ricotta leftovers and used it as a sandwich spread on a slice of whole-wheat bread. I added a few salad things – and frankly- it’s almost worth making it just to have that.
Recipe | makes about 1 cup
Baked ricotta with basil, chilli and lemon
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic crushed
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 2 T lemon juice about 1/2 a small lemon
- 1 T finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 T olive oil or Parmesan-infused olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients together, checking to taste as you go, and adjust the seasoning to your taste. You might like more chili or lemon. Place in a small oven dish and back for 20 minutes until it just starts to turn brown.
- Drizzle more olive oil over the top and serve with crackers or bread.
Yip, just like that #easypeasy
You might like these other 2 baked cheese recipes:
I look forward to connecting with you again in the future.
Visit my Drizzle and Dip Facebook page to get updates of all my posts.
I can also be found enthusiastically pinning beautiful food images on Pinterest.