A quesadilla is one of my favourite ways to use up leftovers or any bits lying around the fridge. You need two flour tortilla’s, some cheese, and a few pickles, some meat (if you are that way inclined) and salad things. For this recipe I made a spicy sauce as the turkey when cold, could be a bit dry.
This is enough sauce for one large quesadilla, so just adjust to your own requirements and taste accordingly. Add more spice or less, whatever blows your hair back. It’s a fantastic way to use up leftover Christmas turkey, and is the first recipe in my series for using up your leftover this Christmas.
Delicious served with home made lemonade, an ice cold beer or a margarita.Print
spicy turkey quesadilla
- For the sauce
- 2T creme fraiche
- 1T cream cheese
- a few drops of hots sauce (like chipotle Tabasco or Cholula chipoltle)
- 1 pickled jalapeño, finely chopped
- For the rest of the quessadilla
- sliced turkey meat, enough to thinly cover the tortilla
- finely sliced red onion
- sliced tomato
- handful of cheese such as Cheddar, mozzarella
- fresh lime wedges and coriander to serve
- Mix all the sauce ingredients until well combined. It should be fairly spicy.
- Spread the sauce over the base of a flour tortilla, lay the sliced turkey on top of that, then the tomato, red onion and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Place another tortilla on top of all of this and carefully move to a large non-stick pan.
- Dry fry this until it starts toasting. Flip (you can use a plate to flip if it makes it easier) and cook the other side. I also put a lid on my frying pan which helps heat the quessadilla through.
- Slice into 4 wedges, serve with a lime wedges and fresh coriander.