This is a fabulous milkshake that can be whipped up using all freezer and store cupboard ingredients. Its my new favourite milkshake flavour. I’ve used ready-made caramel treat in a tin – aka boiled condensed milk, which is thick and very sweet. But you can make it with my best salted caramel sauce recipe.
The texture is creamy so it emulsifies easily with the ice cream and milk. The salt gives it an edge, and we all love salted caramel don’t we?
I made it in my Breville Kinetix Control Blender, which is light and highly portable. The jug comes apart from the base in one easy lift. This basically means that making a smoothie or milkshake is effortless. Including carrying the blender from the shelf.
This summer I’m planning on making a variety of interesting and healthy drinks with it. As well as a few, erm less healthy but fun drinks. This machine makes superb cocktails and can even crush ice. As well as blend, chop, mix, puree and liquefy.
Recipe – makes 2 large milkshakes
Salted caramel milkshake
- 90 ml ready-made caramel treat plus 2 T extra for the glasses or use my salted caramel sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 8 big scoops of good quality vanilla ice cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- Put all of the ingredients apart from the extra caramel into the Kinetix Control Blender and process on the ‘Smoothie’ setting until you it reaches a thick and smooth milkshake consistency.
- Smear the two tablespoons of caramel on the inside of two tall glasses and then fill them with the milkshakes.
* Disclaimer * This post has been sponsored by Breville South Africa. I am working on a few projects with their marketing team, including developing recipes using these amazing appliances. Breville appliances are exclusively available at @Home nationwide.
Find me on