These pigs in blanket aka tasty bacon wrapped chipolata sausages roasted with rosemary and honey are the perfect addition for any Christmas feast. Also a great snack to serve with drinks on any other occasion.
Make as many as you require and you will need half a rasher of streaky bacon per chipolata sausage. You can cut it lengthways and then wrap then in a windy fashion along the sausage, or cut in half and envelop the middle part.
I added half the honey after 10 minutes of roasting and then the other half after 15 minutes. This way it doesn’t burn and gets all sticky and delicious.
The rosemary crisps up in the pan and you can sprinkle the singed leaves over the sausages when serving along with Dijon mustard or a mix of lightly whipped cream and Dijon. This just lowers the intensity of the flavour a bit.
Recipe – serves 4 as a snack
bacon wrapped sausages with rosemary & honey
- 16 chipolata sausages
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- A drizzle of olive oil about 1 Tbsp
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- About 3 Tbsp runny honey
- Mustard or mustard and cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 200c / 400F
- Drizzle a roasting tray lightly with olive oil.
- Cut the bacon either lengthways or through the middle and wrap each chipolata with a half a piece. Pace in the roasting and scatter over about 4 sprigs of rosemary (removes some of the leaves). Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove an drizzle over half the honey and return to the oven to roast for a further 5 minutes. Then repeat and add the balance of the honey.
- Roast for 3 – 5 more minutes until golden brown and sticky.
Find me on Instagram