The filling for these lemon cheesecake mousse cups is as light as a feather and works really well housed in these biscuits cups. It’s a novel and visually pretty way to present these desserts individually. Of course you could just layer the biscuits as a crumble in the bottom of a small glass or ramekin if you prefer something a little less finicky.
This was one of the recipes I developed for Bakers Lemon Tennis biscuits recently and was particularly loved by my nephew Luca (aka chief-dessert-taster). I also shared a pic on my Insta stories and so many people asked for the recipe. I topped them off with a few frozen blueberries because sadly the season had just ended so there were no more fresh ones around. They worked perfectly never the less.
Recipe – Makes about 8
no bakePrint Recipe
- 200 gms Lemon Tennis biscuits
- 100 gms butter melted
- 125 g cream cheese
- 50 gms icing sugar
- 80 ml lemon curd
- 250 ml cream whipped
- Fresh berries to serve optional
- Break the Lemon Tennis biscuits into crumbs by hand or by using a food processor and mix in the melted butter until well combined.
- Lightly grease 8 holes of a standard 12-hole muffin tin. Cut strips of non-stick baking paper no wider than the base width of each hole. Line each of the muffin cups with this strip, which will act as a sling to lift out the biscuit cups out later.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of biscuit crumbs into each muffin cup and carefully press down and along the edges to compact and make a cup shape. Place the cups in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Using an electric mixer whip the cream to soft peak stage then remove from the bowl and set aside. Using the same bowl and whisk, beat the cream cheese, lemon curd and icing sugar until well blended and fluffy. Add the whipped cream and gently mix this through. Empty this mix into a piping bag and generously fill the biscuit cups. Set aside in the fridge until firm. Decorate with fresh or frozen blueberries.
Check out my other recipe using Bakers Lemon flavoured Tennis biscuits:
Find me on Instagram