You know when you are looking for a versatile salad recipe for a braai (BBQ) that would pretty much go with anything, this spinach salad with grilled zucchini, peas, feta and mint is it. It would be lovely with fish, chicken and meat prepared in a plethora of ways. It’s summery and all green which I love.
This is a crowd-pleasing salad with a vibrant lemon vinaigrette dressing. The mint complements the peas and the grilled zucchini perfectly and the toasted almond flakes add a lovely crunchy element. Use as much feta as you like. The salad is designed to be plated on a flat serving dish, so the Le Creuset Oval platter is perfect.
What to serve this spinach and grilled zucchini salad with
This salad is a versatile and perfect for any braai or BBQ.
See my best salads for a braai/BBQ listwhich I alsoways keep updated,
Spinach salad with grilled zucchini, peas, feta and mint
- 100 gms baby spinach leaves
- 350 gms zucchini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of peas fresh or frozen
- 180 gms – 200gms feta thinly sliced
- 50 gms flaked almonds toasted
- 10 gs mint leaves finely shredded
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp good red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- A pinch of sea salt flakes and ground black pepper
- Rinse and slice the zucchini lengthways and brush lightly with olive oil. Fry on a griddle pan or in a frying pan until golden on both sides and just cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- While the zucchini slices are cooking, bring a small pot of water to the boil and blanch the peas for 3 minutes until cooked al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
- Slice the feta, toast the almonds (if needing to be toasted) and shred the mint.
- Make the dressing by putting all the ingredients into a small jar and giving it a good shake.
- Just before you are ready to serve, assemble the salad by tossing 1/3 of the dressing with the spinach, peas and most of the mint. Spread this out over a Le Creuset serving platter. Top with sliced feta, grilled zucchini and the flaked almonds. Scatter. Over any remaining mint. Season with Salt and Pepper and serve with the rest of the dressing on the side.
*Disclaimer – this recipe was developed and shot for Le Creuset South Africa