This is a fabulous milkshake that can be whipped up using all freezer and store cupboard ingredients. Its is my new favourite milkshake flavour. I’ve used ready-made caramel treat in a tin – aka boiled condensed milk, which is thick and very sweet. The texture is creamy so it emulsifies easily with the ice cream and milk. The salt gives it an edge, and we all love salted caramel don’t we?
I made it in my Breville Kinetix Control Blender, which is light and highly portable. The jug comes apart from the base in one easy lift. This basically means that to make a smoothie or milkshake is effortless. Including carrying the blender from the shelf.
This summer I’m planning on making a variety of interesting and healthy drinks with it. As well as a few, erm less healthy but fun drinks. This machine makes superb cocktails and can even crush ice. As well as blend, chop, mix, puree and liquify.
If you life in South Africa the Big Breville Celebration is on at all @Home stores. From 30 October to 24 December (yes that is right up until Christmas) – Selected Breville Appliances are discounted from R150 – R1000. #wining
Recipe – makes 2 large milkshakes
- 90ml ready-made caramel treat plus 2 T extra for the glasses
- 1tsp sea salt flakes
- 8 big scoops of good quality vanilla ice cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- Put all of the ingredients apart from the extra caramel into the Kinetix Control Blender and process on the ‘Smoothie’ setting until you it reaches a thick and smooth milkshake consistency.
- Smear the two tablespoons of caramel on the inside of two tall glasses and then fill with the milkshakes.
* Disclaimer * This post has been sponsored by Breville South Africa. I am working on a few projects with their marketing team, including developing recipes using these amazing appliances. Breville appliances are exclusively available at @Home nationwide.
I look forward to connecting with you again in the future.
Visit my Drizzle and Dip Facebook page or Google+ to get updates of all my posts or subscribe up in the top right.