I had some dried cranberries lying around and always have white chocolate so thought these would be quite nice. The recipe was with macadamia nuts, but couldn’t find one mac nut in the Waterfront yesterday (dont get me started on this topic…)
I have however got tons of pecan nuts — so substituted.
I find American cookies completely irresistable and totally get the whole raw cookie dough eating thing. I had a good few picks at it while making these.
- 300gm white chocolate (cut up into chunks – big and small)
- 100gm butter
- 1 egg
- 50gm muscovado / brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180gm (or 1 1/4 cup) flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85gm caster sugar
- 50gm dried cranberries
- 50gm pecan nuts chopped (or macadamia nuts or others could work)
how to make:
- oven on at 180 degrees c
- melt 85gms of the choc in a double boiler, then cool a little
- beat butter, egg, sugars and vanilla with an electric beater until creamy
- beat in the melted choc
- stir in the flour, baking powder, cranberries, nuts and remaining chocolate to make a stiff dough
- using a tablespoon measure , drop small mounds well spaced on a lined baking sheet (silicone baking sheets work really well)
- you could also reserve some of the nuts, berries and chocolate pieces and place these into the cookies after they are on the tray so they poke out (extra pretty)
- bake for 12 minutes
- allow to cool for 1 -2 minutes then put on a cooling rack (this is quite important as they carry over cooking quite a bit after baking and can go a bit too brown if left on the baking pan)
- You could double up and freeze the already formed cookie discs for later use.
OMG they are so yummy! Slightly chewy which is the way I like them.
Sensational when slightly warm from the oven with the white chocolate still soft and gooey. The dried cranberries add so much value….now I need to give these away as soon as possible otherwise I am going to have to schedule an extra few sessions with my personal trainer.