These are easy to make and so nice and snappy to the bite. Its a Donna Hay recipe from “Modern Classics 2”
These are the perfect little cookies/biscuits for doing icing decoration on.
- 185gms butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- icing sugar to dust
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 180 c
- In a food processor mix the butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth
- Add the flour, egg and egg yolk and process until the mixture forms a soft dough
- Take the dough out the processor and knead slightly bringing it together in ball and wrap it in cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface or between 2 sheets of baking paper until about ½ cm / 5mm thick
- Cut the dough into approximately 7cm rounds
- Place the dough rounds on a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper or silicone baking sheets
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown
Remove the biscuits carefully from the baking tray and allow them to cool on a wire cooling rack as they have a tendency to carry over cooking and could turn too brown once removed from the oven (I generally cool all biscuits on a cooling rack).
When cooled, dust them with some icing sugar or decorate as desired.
Find me on Instagram