With all my recent baking escapades, I needed some temple food to get back on track, and kick start the regime again.
This is just a really healthy way to cook a piece of fish without compromising on flavour. I used hake, but a firmer fish like kingklip would probably work even better. Its fuss free and oh so very simple.Print
oven baked hake with basil, lime, ginger and garlic
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 250 – 300g hake or other firm white fish, filleted
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (bottled is fine)
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp ponzu citrus (or soya sauce)
- pinch of chilli flakes
- handful of thai basil leaves (normal would be fine)
- Pre heat he oven to 200 C
- Place the fillet of hake on top of half of the basil.
- Mix the marinade and pour over the fish and top with the rest of the basil leaves.
- Seal up the foil parcel tightly and bake in the hot oven for about 20 minutes until cooked through and flaky.
- Serving Size: serves 2
Its very saucy, great for hake which is crying out for flavour.
This is supper for me with steamed vegetables. Shiny sparkly halo.