This is a quick and easy rigatoni with smoked trout, zucchini and lemon is packed with zesty flavour. The parsley and lemon add freshness to the cream and smoked trout.
Recipe: (Serves 2)
- 250gm of zucchini/ courgette grated
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs of chopped parsley
- 200gms smoked trout ribbons
- 250ml cream
- toasted pine nuts and Parmesan or Pecorino to serve
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- approx 400gms of rigatoni or pasta of your choice
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook your pasta until al dente. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and saute the grated zucchini until softened. Add all the other ingredients and heat through. If it is a little thick, take about 1/4 of a cup of the pasta liquid and add to thin it down. Serve with grated or shaved Parmesan cheese and a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts.
Linen from Silk and Cotton co