This recipe for spinach and corn scrambled eggs with Parmesan is a delicious and robust dish that could just as easily be served for supper.
I am one of those types that can eat breakfast at any time of the day. I love eggs so much and find them the perfect base to make a quick and healthy meal. For supper, I will often make an omelette or frittata and always try to pack in as many vegetables as possible.
This spinach and corn scrambled egg recipe with Parmesan is just such a recipe. The corn and spinach add so much flavour and nutrition, you will be polishing your halo as you make it. This is also the perfect recipe to feed a crowd for breakfast and takes minutes to make.
I was tempted to make my Mexican esquites recipe and then just add the spinach and eggs. I think eggs and chilli are the best of friends. I also think coriander (cilantro) goes so well with this recipe too. You can really choose any herb that you like, parsley, chives or cilantro.
I kept this version very tame with only a pinch of dried chilli flakes and about 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, but really it can be amplified to your exact taste so easily. The Parmesan cheese adds amazing flavour too. Add as much or as little as you like.
spinach & corn scrambled eggs with parmesan
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 - 2 Tbsp butter/olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 6 free-range eggs beaten
- 2 Tbs finely chopped parsley coriander cilantro or chives
- 100 gms Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt & pepper
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the corn for a few minutes until it just starts to pop and takes on some colour.
- Add the crushed garlic and chilli, and cook for a further minute.
- Add the spinach leaves and toss to wilt. If necessary, add a splash of water to help create some steam to hasten the wilting process. If you have a lid for the pan, you could put that on for a minute too.
- When the spinach has wilted, stir in the beaten eggs and gently scrape the pan with a spatula to cook. Add half the Parmesan cheese to melt into the egg mix.
- Be careful not to overcook the eggs and serve immediately with the rest of the grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on the top.
My other favourite egg recipes:
Find me on Instagram