These healthier chicken wraps with Caesars dressing are so crunchy and delicious; I plan to put them on regular rotation. It’s a great low carb recipe that is packed with flavour.
You can decide how much effort you want to put into the meal by grilling your own chicken strips or buying a store rotisserie bird. Both are equally as nice. I’ve used my favourite mayonnaise – Hellmann’s, which gives amazing creaminess as well as delicious taste to this dressing. You could opt for Hellman’s Light if you want to cut a few calories. This is a cupboard staple in my house and my lunches would be lost without it.
A generous handful of basil leaves, which I know is not traditional, turns this Caesars dressing into green goddess rendition and I have been making it for years. I’ve fine-tuned it to the perfect ratio of ingredients, and this is the sweet spot for me. If I’m using this dressing in a dish where I don’t add Parmesan cheese, I add it to the dressing too.
**WIN*** share your ultimate recipe using Hellmann’s in a creative way and use the hashtag #treatyourtastebuds on Facebook and Instagram and be automatically put into a draw. 2 randomly picked winners could win R1000 + a Hellmann’s product hamer EACH WEEK.
Otherwise just make this recipe and share it and @ me @Drizzleanddip and #treatyourtastebuds
The recipe makes about 1 cup of Caesars dressing
- 110 ml Hellmann’s original mayonnaise (1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 6 anchovies (in oil)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- A handful fresh basil leaves – about 20gms or 10 – 12 large leaves
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 – 2 Tbsp water to thin the sauce down
- Pinch of sea salt flakes and black pepper
- Baby romaine/cos lettuce leaves (about 2 – 3 heads)
- 400 grams chicken breast or thick skinless trips (or meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- 50- 60gms Parmesan cheese grated
- 8 – 10 rashers of streaky or back bacon – fried and drained on paper towel (optional)
- To make the dressing combine all the ingredients except the water to a bowl of a small food processor and blitz until you have a thick creamy sauce. Adjust the seasoning and add a tablespoon or 2 of water to thin it down slightly. Decant into a serving bowl.
- Pan fry or grill your strips of chicken until golden brown or shred the meat off a rotisserie chicken.
- Fry the bacon until crispy and then chop into small pieces.
- Cut the larger outer leaves off the cos lettuce and wash and dry these if necessary. Place on a serving platter.
- Arrange the chicken, Caesars dressing, bacon bits and lettuce leaves on a platter or assemble each lettuce wrap.
- Add all the elements to the lettuce as desired and tuck in.
Disclaimer – this post is proudly sponsored by Helmmann’s
Find me on Instagram