I love baked salmon with a lemon and herb crumb topping. It is the simplest and most delicious way to cook this fish with minimal hands-on prep time. While it bakes to a crunchy deliciousness in the oven you can get busy making a few sides. I have used Hellmann’s mayonnaise to coat the fish giving it juiciness and flavour as well as helping the crumbs stick to the top.
To add another punchy flavour element, I made a lemony horseradish sauce to dollop on the fish at the end too. It’s so easy when you have fantastic ingredients like Hellmann’s mayonnaise on hand. I also love Hellmann’s Light, which has all the taste just fewer calories so choose which you prefer.
Boiled new potatoes with butter and a crisp green salad would be perfect with this dish, otherwise steamed asparagus or tender stem broccoli.
I made a video to show you how easy peasy it all is.
Recipe – Baked salmon with a lemon & herb crumb – serves 2
*I used mainly basil, a little parsley and a dash of thyme and it was really nice. In the past I’ve used parsley and thyme, so you can decide what herbs you like here.
baked salmon with a lemon & herb crumb
- 550 - 600 gm salmon one or 2 centre cut pieces
- 3 Tbsp Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- ½ cup Asian panko crumbs
- ¼ cup flat herbs such as basil, parsley finely chopped (2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme leaves optional
- Zest from half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes optional
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
Lemony horseradish sauce
- ¼ cup Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Pin bone the salmon and place it on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper skin side down. Coat the mayonnaise evenly over the top of the fish.
- Mix all the crumb ingredients together and using your fingers thoroughly mix together so the herbs, spices, and lemon zest totally mixes in with the crumbs. Spread evenly over the salmon and bake for 15 - 20 minutes (depending on how thick the fish is) at 200C and until the crust is golden brown and the salmon just cooked through.
- To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients together, season to taste and serve on the side.
Find a few other delicious salmon recipes HERE
*This post is proudly sponsored by Hellmann’s
Find me on Instagram